What causes loss of libido, erectile dysfunction and retrograde ejaculation after prostate surgery?
Sexual Dysfunctions are common after surgery of removal of prostate
Thanks for query ,
Loss of libido .erectile dysfunction are common sequele of surgery of removal of prostate .
No ejaculation is known after this surgery and is due to bladder mouth remaining wide open due to resection of bladder neck carried out during resection of prostate .This results in to semen being moving backwards in to bladder instead of moving forward in to urethra and being ejaculated through opening of penis .This is called as retrograde ejaculation and is a known complication of prostate removal surgery .
Taking Sildenafil ( Viagra)or Cialis one hour before sex may help to increase libido and getting erection .However the retrograde ejaculation will not be cured .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Retrograde ejaculation after vasectomy
- Retrograde ejaculation and elevated psa
- Concerta retrograde ejaculation
- What is the treatment for retrograde ejaculation
- Retrograde ejaculation cbt
- Retrograde ejaculation after button turp
- Retrograde ejaculation causes
- What are the symptoms of retrograde ejaculation?
- What should be done for low testosterone and retrograde ejaculation
- Retrograde ejaculation after prostate surgery