Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

169 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for low libido and poor erection during intercourse

Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar


Practicing since :2000

Answered : 2953 Questions

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Sexual Health
Question: Hello Doctor,

I need advice on my Sex life. I am married since last year and sexually active from last 2 years with my spouse. What I feel now that I am loosing interest in Sex , I don't feel like doing it we do it one in a week which last for 5 minutes.
I loose interest in doing sex after 5 minute and I loose erection while intercourse. It seems like I hit Erectile Dysfunction.

My weight : 75 KG
Height : 5.8 ''

I do average exercise at home 40 minutes 3-4 days in a Week.

Please advice if i need to take any medication.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please get the following test done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

As I can see there is loss of libido to the extent which can not be explained on basis of your age and duration of marriage I request you to get following tests done from nearby laboratory.
1. Liver function tests
2. Lipid profile
3. Thyroid function test
4. serum testoserone
5. Serum prolactin
6. LH and FSH

However I like to make it clear that it is too early to speculate the cause of problem and it is next to impossible to state whether you need medication or other forms of treatment.
When the tests are done revert back to me with reports.
I will be glad to assist you further.
Thanks and regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 7 minutes later
I have uploaded my Full Health Check up Report. Let me know if anything else required.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

With the available data it is clear that there are many contributing factors responsible for your poor sexual health. The liver function test (indicative of alcohol use), lipid profile and thyroid function tests are well beyond normal limits and known to cause sexual dysfunction.

At the same time few of tests mentioned above are missing (serial no 4,5, 6) and they need to be done from nearby laboratory.

I look forward to assist you further.
Thanks again.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Lab Tests ,  
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Sexual dysfunction

doctor1 MD

sir i am a medical student.i am suffering from a sexual problem for last 4 year.while i talk with my girl friend through cell phone i notice there is coming a clear slipery fluid from my penis just thicker then urine even without any sexual conversation just hi hello.mostly occurs when i talk with her more then 4-5 minute.sir i am 23 years old,51 kg,unmarried,having practice of musterbation twice in a week,never experience of sexual intercourse .there is no dysuria.if would u kindly suggest me what might be the problem and what should i do,i will be very glad to you sir.

doctor1 MD

Hi, sir im 20 year young boy.nd im 5'10" height 75kg weight nd according to body im fit but im suffering frm some sexual problems penis dnt get hardened too long on erect.and another big problem is that when i have some sexual attraction feelings then the sticky like substance colourless comes from the penis after that the my penis get less harder.another problem is early discharge.plz help me sir.

doctor1 MD

hello. i wish i can get full information about what i am gona ask.
i have sexual problem and my penis have pain and the egg i dont know what its called but also pain in my right egg of the penis
and when i cum its dont cum that much and its like water its not strong as before. i wish i can have some information or medical that i can use

doctor1 MD

I am 55 years old, male. I am facing problem of Erectile Dysfunction after , I suffered from Chicken guneia about 3 months back . The erection is not complete and looses stffines immediately. Can I know the possible causes and treatment and a suitable doctor to consult in Mumbai?

doctor1 MD

Hello, in August, I fell on a wet sidewalk in Switzerland and landed very hard on my butt. I felt a surge go up my spine and into my head, and had a headache after. I flew back to the USA a few days after, still with an aching back/tailbone. At...

doctor1 MD

Good evening doctor. I have given the sample for semen analysis test but the lab said semen does not liquify so, they have to do it again. Will there be any problem