Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

Why am I getting constant cramps and lost the desire for sex ?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 3163 Questions
My child was born in XXXXXXX of 2010. I have lost the desire to have sex with my husband. Due to constant cramping and it hurts. It feels like he is caught on one side. This has been going on for a year. I have also have HPV which I am getting a biopsy done today. Why would I be cramping all the time and feel like he is caught on something? I am 27 yrs old. My mom had Endometriosis, uterine trouble and fibrocystic disease. She had a hysterectomy at age 24
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
First let me say that after a year of giving birth,there should not be any anatomical reason that you would the cramping,pain during intercourse.

The hpv infection also will not cause any cramping etc.If there is pain during sex,then you will need to be examinaed and also have a biopsy to rule out any possibility of any cervical growth etc,ulcer,etc that may cause the pain on contact.

On the other hand,what can cause pain and cramping is endometriosis.That again has to be confirmed by a doctor.I would suggest that you get endometriosis ruled out as well as any ulcers' etc,at the time of the biopsy.Endometrosis can also occur in scars like episiotomy and C SECTION.Medical treatment is available in case of endometriosis.
Since you have family history,i would say that you are in the high risk group.
Please consult your doctor about this .

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries’.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor