Why am I getting constant cramps and lost the desire for sex ?

Dr. Rhea Chanda

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Question: My child was born in XXXXXXX of 2010. I have lost the desire to have sex with my husband. Due to constant cramping and it hurts. It feels like he is caught on one side. This has been going on for a year. I have also have HPV which I am getting a biopsy done today. Why would I be cramping all the time and feel like he is caught on something? I am 27 yrs old. My mom had Endometriosis, uterine trouble and fibrocystic disease. She had a hysterectomy at age 24
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
First let me say that after a year of giving birth,there should not be any anatomical reason that you would the cramping,pain during intercourse.

The hpv infection also will not cause any cramping etc.If there is pain during sex,then you will need to be examinaed and also have a biopsy to rule out any possibility of any cervical growth etc,ulcer,etc that may cause the pain on contact.

On the other hand,what can cause pain and cramping is endometriosis.That again has to be confirmed by a doctor.I would suggest that you get endometriosis ruled out as well as any ulcers' etc,at the time of the biopsy.Endometrosis can also occur in scars like episiotomy and C SECTION.Medical treatment is available in case of endometriosis.
Since you have family history,i would say that you are in the high risk group.
Please consult your doctor about this .

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries’.