Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

White spots on penis frequently seen, redness on foreskin. Treatable by soap? Other solutions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
Good day Doctor,

I am at present on board vessel. As I am not able to visit doctor in next 20 days following need to know. On my penis frequently I can see whitish cheese staff. just to mention I have not had intercourse for last 3 month. Furthermore yesterday I have noticed small red spot on foreskin. What can be the reason for above and how to treat. And finnaly is there any sopa/shampoo I can use as I have noticed Dove soap bar is not best one. Thanks and best regards
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 40 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query.

The white stuff you frequently see on your penis is mostly natural secretion of your body which covers the head of penis and accumulates under your foreskin. It is natural and normal and not a reason to worry. It is seen more now probably because you have not had intercourse since three months. It can be washed off during bathing.

Another possibility is that you might be suffering from mild fungal infection of genitalia which can cause white discharge on penis and red rash on foreskin. This is more likely in warm, humid conditions. The treatment would be local application of any antifungal ointment/dusting powder containing ketoconazole or clotrimazole. You may use a mild pure glycerine soap.

The best way to confirm diagnosis would be an thorough examination by your doctor. Since this is not possible for another few weeks, kindly try the following.

Genital hygiene and application of dusting powder / antifungal ointment twice a day is adequate.
Keep the area as dry as possible and avoid synthetic fabric for undergarments.

Use mild pure glycerine soap like glymed or pears or any brand.

If symptoms persist event after two weeks or you develop new symptoms like itching or burning during urination then please consult your doctor promptly.

Hope I have answered your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor