Owl Image

Can yeast infections with UTI cause itchy lesions near the vagina and anus?

Question
Hi i have vag discomfort i know i have yeast n urinary tract but i also have lesions that itch n burn from mybbotton to my vag
Tue, 15 May 2018 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is a yeast infection

Detailed Answer:
Dear young lady,

From what you describe, it seems to be a yeast infection spread around your vagina, anus and the perineal area. This is treated by 4-6 weeks of local antifungal cream like ketoconazole 5%.
It is very difficult to treat and to have a satisfactory conclusion, that's why it is usually added a systematic antifungal like terbinafine, for which you will need a prescription from your doctor.
I see that you have been previiusly treated for a bacterial infection, and this is another case that needs a specific medication.

I also recommend to keep your perineal area dry, especially after taking a shower or doing sports or other physical activity, since fungal infection grows in humidity.

I hope I have helped you. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.

Follow-up: Can yeast infections with UTI cause itchy lesions near the vagina and anus? 13 hours later
Dr.Emi,
Thanks for your help. So the legions on my vag come from infection?

Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably yes

Detailed Answer:
I havent seen this lesions, but if they are reddish, shallow, irregular like maps, itchy, burning and with a white covering, then yes, they are from the yeast infection, and they need to be treated like I described above.

Follow-up: Can yeast infections with UTI cause itchy lesions near the vagina and anus? 14 hours later
Yes you have described them exactly

Answered by Dr. Eni 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
glad to be of help

Detailed Answer:

You're welcome

Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.