Can yeast infections with UTI cause itchy lesions near the vagina and anus?

Dr. Eni

Posted on Tue, 15 May 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hi i have vag discomfort i know i have yeast n urinary tract but i also have lesions that itch n burn from mybbotton to my vag
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is a yeast infection

Detailed Answer:
Dear young lady,

From what you describe, it seems to be a yeast infection spread around your vagina, anus and the perineal area. This is treated by 4-6 weeks of local antifungal cream like ketoconazole 5%.
It is very difficult to treat and to have a satisfactory conclusion, that's why it is usually added a systematic antifungal like terbinafine, for which you will need a prescription from your doctor.
I see that you have been previiusly treated for a bacterial infection, and this is another case that needs a specific medication.

I also recommend to keep your perineal area dry, especially after taking a shower or doing sports or other physical activity, since fungal infection grows in humidity.

I hope I have helped you. Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Eni 13 hours later
Dr.Emi,
Thanks for your help. So the legions on my vag come from infection?
Answered by Dr. Eni 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Probably yes

Detailed Answer:
I havent seen this lesions, but if they are reddish, shallow, irregular like maps, itchy, burning and with a white covering, then yes, they are from the yeast infection, and they need to be treated like I described above.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Eni 14 hours later
Yes you have described them exactly
Answered by Dr. Eni 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
glad to be of help

Detailed Answer:

You're welcome

Wish you good health!
Manoku Eni M.D.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee