What causes abnormal vaginal discharge while suffering from yeast infection?

Excellent

Infectious Diseases Specialist
Question
My 85 year old mother has a yeast infection. I noticed a discharge last night. No odor She does not have any burning or itching. Can you tell me the best thing to do to clear this up. Also how long does it take generally for this to clear up.
Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Monika Dede 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You should treat your mother with local antifungal treatment cream.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you writing in healthcare magic.

Based on your data you should take a sample of the discharge from your mother in order to test in the laboratory, either by culture or by direct examination under a microscope, to identify the yeast organisms and mycogramme.
You should treat your mother with local antifungal treatment cream or suppositories (clotrimazole or miconazole) according the prescription( 3 days or more).
During this time your mother should use even probiotics.
I hope my answer helps you.
Regards.