What kind of foods should be avoided when diagnosed with hyperuricemia?
Purin containing food should be avoided
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.
Based on the query you have shared, purine containing foods like organ meat liver, kindey etc should be avoided. Red meat in general contains high uric acid metabolites. Vegetables like spinach, cauliflower flower, pulses, beans etc contain more uric acid.
Potato's generally aren't that rich however eating complex carbohydrates are useful which is why high amounts of potato or easy carbohydrates should not be provided to that body more frequently.
Using vitamin C and diets rich in vitamin C like lemon, citrus, chillies etc are consider to be beneficial. Cherries are also thought to be extremely useful. Drinking more water helps as well.
Colchicine was naturally extracted modren anti gout treatment. Other options include drugs which wither decrease production on increase excretion of uric acid. These include Allopurinol and febuxostat etc. and have shown good results but should be avoided during acute flare and non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen should be given first and after few weeks of resolution, anti gout drugs may be started.
Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards.
I would score it under 5 , around 4 rather
Hi! Some forms of potato like processed fried potatoes etc main cause indirect flares of gout but generally containing less uric acid and can be part of daily diet which is aimed for low daily urice acid levels. But taking in higher amounts of than 100gm per day may contribute towards gout. In current scenario I would rate it 4 out of 10. You can increase water intake or use less amount, less frequently if can't be avoided. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?