question-icon

What is the treatment for fever, chills and bad cough while on antibiotic for UTI?

Posted on Sat, 25 Jan 2014
Question: Hello, i have been very sick since 12/25 w/cold,fever,chills,bad cough and sinus. I was already taking a antibiotic for a uti a n dyflucen so when i contacted primary they added the 7 day steroid dose pack. Now i have felt some better but developed painful lumps in my right chest. I am 61 w/copd. Any advise?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini (1 hour later)
Brief Answer: Painful lumps-skin/lymphnodes infections... Detailed Answer: Hi, You are saying to have taken antibiotic and diflucan since 12/25 and steroid. The painful lumps that appeared in your right chest could be related to: - infection of local lymph-nodes - skin infection most probably due to antibiotic intake. I'd suggest to get checked by a physician/dermatologist to determine the right diagnosis and if it might need surgical drainage. You can upload a photo of your painful lump to me to assist you further! Just click on the right bottom button! Thank you! Dr.Alba
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Albana Sejdini