What is the recovery time after stent insertion post heart attack?
Recovery period depends on comorbidities...
I went through the details provided with diligence. Though I am not a cardiologist who perform angioplasty / stenting, but I do monitor patients at intensive care units post stenting. I shall answer your questions based on my experience at this centre.
1. It's not difficult to put all 3 stents in one setting. Interventional cardiologist here in XXXXXXX do place more than 2 stents during a single procedure whenever required. Perhaps there were fresh artery blocks after the first stent was inserted which prompted the doctors to plan the second ones.
If she is doing well now, you can discuss about inserting both the stents together now.
2. Recovery period is individualized. It all depends on other comorbid conditions. If there are no untoward incidents/complications such as infection during the post op period, she should be back to her normal self in 2-3 weeks time.
3. She might require a fitness to fly. Please ask her doctors about it.
Hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post heart attack inspirational quotes
- Post heart attack stent symptoms
- Post heart attack pain
- Massage for post heart attack patients
- Post heart attack blood pressure
- Post heart attack personality changes
- Spiking fever post heart attack
- Post heart attack fatigue
- Induced coma post heart attack
- Post heart attack massage