Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

What is the pain in my back after a spinal cord fracture?

Feb 2014
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 5930 Questions
i had spinal cord fracture in August 2013 and after that i am still having the pain in my back and some time the pain is very severe. not taking any medicine as of now but that time i have 2 months complete bed rest. want to know the sugesstion hat i need to do now.
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do back muscle strengthening exercises Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. After prolonged bed rest back muscles get weak and this might be the cause of persistant back pain. Now you need to do back muscle strengthening exercises to strengthen the muscles of back. Avoid lifting heavy objects and forward bending. Avoid exercises in times of pain. Improvise your posture while sitting. Using an LS contour belt of appropriate size might be helpful in providing support to back muscles. Also, maintain a proper posture while working, sitting and standing. Keep your back straight. Physiotherapy plays a major role in treating such conditions. You can take anti -inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet as and when required ( do not repeat a dose before 6 hours) with food to relieve the pain. Apply diclofenac gel on the affected area.Warm compresses will also help. I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What is the pain in my back after a spinal cord fracture? 4 minutes later
Thanks for the Answer... if i want to go for physiotherapy... how useful is that for me. will Orthopadic doctor involved in physiotherapy or some specialist is their... Can you suggest me any good doctor for physiotherapy?
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Physiotherapy is very useful in such cases. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Physiotherapy is very useful in such cases. Physiotherapy is done by physiotherapist.Orthopaedic doctor will give some instructions to the physiotherapist. After get examined by an orthopaedic surgeon, you can consult a physiotherapist near by you. Hope this discussion was useful. Please close this discussion, if you do not have any other queries. I would appreciate your reviews about this service. Warm regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor