What is the difference between weak anabolic steroid treatments and natural endogonous testosterone?
Sorry that nobody answered your question for the last several days. In fact, this is a difficult question, going to the basics of androgen physiology.
Natural endogenous testosterone production is tightly regulated by the body by various intrinsic mechanisms with minimal external influence. In physiological dose, testosterone acts on receptors to exert it's physiological functions. In supra physiological dose, it can cause unwanted side effects.
Different synthetic androgens were developed in 1960 and 1970 s. The steroid structures are modified differently. They do act in the androgen receptors. The chemical modifications in their structure makes them undergo several enzymatic changes in liver and they are potentially liver toxic ( depending on the structural changes). This makes them unacceptable for long term replacement therapy.
Unfortunately, these are abused for sports and body building. But in long term they do have deleterious side effects. They suppress testicular sperm production and cause testicular atrophy and infertility. They can worsen acne and scarring. Cause aggression and mood swings etc.
I do not know if I answered your question. Please let me know if you need to know more.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Anabolic steroids degenerative disc disease treatment
- Anabolic steroids used for eye treatment
- Glaucoma anabolic steroids
- What do anabolic steroids do for chest infections
- What athletes use anabolic steroids
- What do anabolic steroids do
- Wysolone is a anabolic steroid
- What anabolic steroid smells sweet
- Anabolic steroids testosterone prickly heat
- Neck lump anabolic steroids