• question-icon

Suggest treatment for testicular atrophy

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Ayurveda
Question: Can testicular atrophy be treated.

FSH 8.06, LH 8.24, PROLATIN 5.4, TESTOSETRONE 364.7
Semen Analysis showed No Sperm Count.
Testicular FNAC
Giemsa stains smears from both sides are of low cellularity with few short and stout. Only sertoli cells seen in predominant single form and ocassionally in small groups. No spermatogenic cells seen. Suggestive of Testicular Atrophy
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
further clarification

Detailed Answer:
Dear
Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern and after reviewing your case history and opinion given by concerned doctors it is unlikely to revert back testicular atrophy and they will remain permanently shrunken [get a second opinion from an Urologist] leading to infertility.

1. presently your attending physician is in best position to decide whether it can be treated by hormonal or surgical intervention or any other method [artificial donor insemination]

2. since your pituitary gonadal axis is normal thus check with thyroid values

3. Ayurveda drugs can be incorporated after successful completion of any of the procedure mentioned above [check with IVF centers for further details]

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant Physician
Naimittika

direct online link: bit.ly/drmunishsood

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist