• question-icon

What does tiredness, headaches and acute stomach pain?

Posted on Mon, 14 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: Hi, I was tired today and had headache for 2 days and took one naproxen yesterday and one today (don't usually take them). I was otherwise was fine, when getting ready to go out wen suddenly hadi had acute severe stomach pains (10 out of ten in terms of pain), crazy sweating, nausea, gas and it lasted for half hr. i took pep bismol and feel a little better but stomach very tender (upper stomach sore and lower as well), urge to urinate and drug mouth. What might this be?

did u receive my question? not sure how this work. does answer come to e mail or t app i downloaded?
thank you, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
possibilities discussed

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
The following are the possibilities-

1. You may have had a headache. Taking the pain killer might have resolved or reduced the headache. However, taking them without painkiller might have caused severe gastritis- the latter is a known side effect of naproxen.

2. a possible cardiac event has to be considered. In women, cardiac events may not necessarily be associated with chest pain. So one always need to consider this.

3. a possible pancreatitis. The severe abdominal discomfort and tenderness seems to suggest it.

4. Last but not the least, these may all be side effects of Vyvnase. These symptoms are usually not known. However, if there is a medication overdose, sometimes these symptoms may occur. You may find similar information at https://www.drugs.com/sfx/vyvanse-side-effects.html

On this basis, I would suggest testing an EKG, Troponin I, amylase and lipase and an ultrasound of the abdomen.
If these are normal, you may need to meet your treating physician to reduce the dose of the medicine.

I have tried to make it as simple as possible.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Best of luck, Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist