What does this urine test report indicate?

Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi Doctor, recently I got my urine test done and Leucocytes were 3(+). What does this mean. I am not getting periods for the last 6 to 7 months and am not pregnant. Doctor prescribed Meprate tablets but now its 5 to 6 days and not yet started. Doctor did Sonography and said Ovaries are still functioning so menopause is not yet started
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Urine reports are normal. You can wait till 15 days. FSH,AMH - if needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dr. Purushottam welcomes you to HCM virtual clinic.
I have gone through your query.
I think I have understood your concern, I will try to suggest you the best possible treatment options.
1)First of all do not panic.

2) if you do not have any urinary tract symptoms, then it is normal to find 3 to 7 pus cells ( Leukocytes) in female urine.

3) Usually women get their periods within 3 to 10 days after finishing the tablets like-Meprate. You can even wait for 15 days.

4) If still you do not get your periods, I will suggest you to do blood FSH,AMH tests. This will give exact idea about the ovarian working capacity.

I hope my answer helps you.
Thanks.
Wish you good health.
With regards
Dr Purushottam Neurgaonkar

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 15 hours later
Thanks.
Doctor had advised FSH test on 2nd day of periods. So I am still waiting. AMH can be done anytime?
My biggest concern is I am lean built and since periods stopped 6 to 7 months back, my stomach has become huge and its visible like anything and people start feeling as if I am pregnant or something.
If something wrong like tumour etc doctor could have got to know during Sonography? Or I need to go for some other tests for that?
For so many months I wasn't going to doctor thinking this is the onset of menopause and wanted to deal with it naturally/normally. But my stomach size forced me to go to the doctor.
Answered by Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
AMH on any day. lifestyle cages yo manage menopause.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

Thanks for appreciating the answer and reverting back .

Yes, you can get AMH levels done on any day of the cycle .

You can either get both AMH and FSH levels done on day 2 of the cycle.

What we need to know is about ovarian capacity or ovarian reserve.

High levels of FSH, above 15 to 20, and Low levels of AMH, below 0.5 indicate reduced ovarian capacity.

I appreciate your attitude of managing the menopause.

I will suggest you to indulge in a healthy diet and regular exercise regimen. Include more portions of fruits, salads and vegetables in daily diet. Drink plenty of water in the day. Avoid deep fried foods, bakery products and refined sugars. Avoid substance abuse if any.
Include soy milk or soy products in the diet.
If needed plant derived estrogens - phytoestrogens, can be used as doodle supplements.

I hope this answer helps you.
Thanks.
Dr. Purushottam Neurgaonkar.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar