What does this blood report indicate?

Dr. Esmeralda Sera

Oncologist

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Blood Disorders
Question: My question is about the results of a blood test. In the leukocyte formula, the leukocyte percentages are not normal. Specifically:

Lymphocytes 2.677 (59.5%)
Segmented Leukocytes 1,170 (26%)

Leukocytes (total) 4,500

It is a routine test, not having symptoms of disease.

Everything else is normal. The analysis of urine has been negative in infections.

The day after tomorrow I have a visit with the doctor but I am worried and I want to have some information about the importance of the topic and the possible causes.

It helps me a lot. Thank you very much for your answer.
Answered by Dr. Esmeralda Sera 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking

In my opinion you have not resons to be conserd about your lymphocytes

It's usually a harmless, temporary situation, as can occur after an illness.
Some times we may have viral infection how have not symptoms soo you can’t realize the issue

Hope this helps you

Best regards

Brief Answer:
Infection

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T