What does this urine and blood test indicate?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi my 3 yrs & 8 month daughter is suffering from high fever from last one day ( fiver Comes in high Range ie- 102 - 104.5 & not goes down easily even after giving P-250 ) today we have done her Blood ( TLC & DLC ) test & Urine test whose results are given below.....pls help us to understand what exactly is the problem

1) Her TLC value is 8700 ( normal ) but her DLC test shows high Neutrophils (66) & low Lymphocytes (40) & Eosinophils (0) count is Zero.

2) C reactive Protein Serum value is high ( 11 )

3) Her Urine Test Shows Occasional PUS Cell , RBC Count is 10-12 & negative Bacilli.
Posted Sat, 2 Aug 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibly urinary tract infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Mr XXXXXXX

Going by the report possibility of Invasive Urinary tract infection needs to be considered. Following are features suggestive of Urinary tract infection
1. Presence of pus cells and blood in Urine
2. High grade fever usually suggest severe infection
3. Elevated CRP is also suggestive of Invasive infection

In the absence of other infective foci like lungs or gastrointestinal tract , it's likely to be due to urinary tract infection.

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon

Follow-up: What does this urine and blood test indicate? 41 minutes later
Thanks Dr. XXXXXXX ji.....can you pls suggest the best medicine for this urinary infection for my 3.8 months daughter.....what can i do when there is a high fever which normally not goes down even after giving p-250.......reports are also attch for your ref....pls help.

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Cefixime can be used

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I would suggest you get the following investigation

1. Urine culture and antibiotic sensitivity
2. Ultrasound abdomen

I hope the are no respiratory symptoms.

I would suggest you the following

1. Syrup Meftal P suspension 2 ml thrice a day for fever
2. Antibiotic: Syrup Cefixime 5 mg /kg/ dose twice a day for 5 days.

Do keep me updated

Best regards
Dr Deepak