What does this lab report indicate?

Posted on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 in General Health
Question: What do these results mean? Do I have a gluten sensitivity?
Immunoglobin A, QN serum: 79 mg/dL
Gliadin IgA: 8 units
Gliadin IgG: 4 units
T-Trangslutaminase IgA: <2U/mL
T-Transglutaminase IgG: 3U/mL
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Normal reports.

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
Thanks for query.
They are different antibody titre which are usually elevated in patients having glutein sensitivity.
All of them are normal in your case.
So you don't have glutein sensitivity.
Immunoglobin A-Celiac disease involves IgA pathology due to the presence of IgA antiendomysial antibodies.
A tissue transglutaminase (tTG) IgA and/or IgG test is used as part of an evaluation for certain autoimmune conditions, most notably celiac disease.
They are all markers and is extremely difficult to tell you about each one of them in simple language
An autoimmune disease can occur when the body's immune system mistakenly perceives a nonthreatening substance. In the case of people with celiac disease, gluten is seen as a foreign invader and is attacked by the immune system. This immune system response in celiac disease also involves the production of antibodies directed against an enzyme normally present in the intestines called tissue transglutaminase (tTG).

In celiac disease, the body produces two types of antibodies that attack tTG: immunoglobulin A (IgA) and immunoglobulin G (IgG). Measuring the IgA form of tTG antibody in the blood is more useful in detecting celiac disease because it's made in the small intestine, where gluten causes inflammation and irritation in sensitive people.

Take home message-
You don't have celiac disease.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist