What does this blood report indicate?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Tue, 24 Apr 2018 in Blood Disorders
Question: Had LP done in ER. CSF results read WBC 11 and Lymphs 96 Mono 3 Glucose 85 Protein 35. Are these results reading normal?

Would like to understand my result readings for my CSF. Was admitted to the ER for extreme muscle spasms that left me have stroke like symptoms. Facial numbness on left side and Im still having muscle spasms that come and go. Numbness moves to right side of my face since ER visit. Some days Im very sore and legs feel really heavy when Im walking.
All of this numbness happened year ago in face and left side of body that would come and go. Then ended up in the ER two weeks ago. All MRI were ok . Just wanting to know what is going on with my body so I can get healthy again
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your CSF report is normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question and all reports. I can understand your concern.

Your CSF reports are normal. So your symptoms are not due to meningitis or any as other disease that is detected by CSF.

You may have some neurological problems. It can be due inadequate blood supply in brain or some other problem.

You need examination by neurologist and then plan accordingly. As far as CSF is concern it is normal.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any questions then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 1 hour later
So where it says WBC 11 and Lymphs 96 is ok. I thought the there shouldnt be more than 0-5 WBC in the CSF fliud.
Thank so much
Glad they are ok
Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 21 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can consider normal.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question.
I can understand your concern.

yes normal range is 0 to 5 but 11 is almost considered as normal. In infection wbc count is in hundreds or in thousand. So it is normal.

Lymphocytes 96 is percentage. It means out of 11 cells 96% are lymphocytes which is normal.

So don't worry about that.

Thanks for using health care magic.