What does the following HSG report suggest?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: my wife just got her hsg done the report read as : uterus well filed with contrast - normal size & shape - no mass or filling defect seen - no extrinsic indentation seen - no evidence for congenital morphological abnormality - no extrinsic mass effect- rt free peritoneal spillage seen -rt fallopian tubes are well outlined also possibility of rt terminal hydrosalpinx. she is 34 year in age she has already laparoscopy surgery can she concieve naturally ?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chances of natural conception are low

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns. I have reviewed the HSG report, and it mentions the right Hydrosalpinx which means dilatation of the fallopian tube, likely due to infection. The tubal function and motility decreases and hence chances of natural conception are a bit low.
Since she had salpingectomy on left side, and Hydrosalpinx of right tube, she should go for in vitro fertilization for conception, in my opinion.
Hope you found the answer helpful. Please do get back for further queries.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 10 minutes later
can we try natural pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, yes you can try for natural pregnancy.
Dr Deepti Verma
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 5 minutes later
any risks for she if we go for natural pregnancy.
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, no there is no risk for her or the fetus if the natural conception occurs.
Dr Deepti Verma