What does the "absence of fetal pole" in ultrasound report suggest?
Thanks for contacting HCM,
If your gestational sac never went above 15mm and there was no metal pole at all which generally is seen after 15mm size or hcg levels 5000IU only. As you had started bleeding earlier to that and the present sac size has decreased to 8.1mm , it indicates that the sac is crenated and hence its a failed pregnancy.
This should be ideally removed with a simple surgical procedure called dilatation and curettage.
there is no point continuing it as the size has diminished already and there is no metal pole.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Egg yolk but no fetal pole at 6 weeks in ultrasound
- Pregnant ultrasound shows no fetal pole what should i expect
- Fetal pole in ultrasound
- Fetal pole ultrasound fetal
- Ultrasound no fetal pole
- Ultrasound shows no fetal pole what does it mean
- Ultrasound shows early gestation fetal pole not visualized normal
- Vaginal ultrasound 6weeks 5 days fetal pole 5mm
- Fetal pole ultrasound 5 weeks
- 6 week ultrasound no fetal pole
- Is pregnancy possible without ovulation?
- Is pregnancy possible due to sex on 8th day from menstruation?
- At what age does a girl start to ovulate ?
- Is chemical hair straightening safe for a breast feeding woman?
- Can i have abdominal hysterectomy despite having IBS?
- What causes discomfort and pain in pelvic region?
- How to determine the expected date of delivery using last menstrual period?
- What does my ultrasound report suggest?
- Suggest treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease
- Suggest treatment for Rubella infection