What does sudden and excessive weight loss in a teenager indicate?
( unintentionally ). She also has been told buy her doctor that her overies are red and brushed, she has not been sexually active for 8 months prior.She has a two year old daughter.
She has been to the doctors which have done blood tests, Pap smear, and now just had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. All of the test came back negative
Thanks for your query.
I have read you query and I understand your concerns about sudden weight loss.
Following is my reply:
1) Is she suffering from any stress that she is not able to reveal ? Please find out if something is bothering her.
2) Tuberculosis is another possibility in some women, Please request doctors to test her for tuberculosis.
3) Is she eating less. If so why ? Try to feed what she loves. reduced calorie intake could also be the reason for weight loss.
I hope I answered you query and addressed your concerns.
Let me know if you wish to ask any further questions. I will be glad to help you.
She was a bit stressed but that seems to b over,
She dose eat very well.
She is a smoker
I'll ask her to get tested for tuberculosis.
Please quit smoking
Ask her to quit smoking immediately as this causes weight loss coupled with stress.
You can contact me anytime in future to ask questions by pasting following link in your browser:
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Excessive weight loss and runny nose
- Reason for excessive weight loss while abstaining from alcohol
- Symptoms of Excessive weight loss
- What causes sudden weight loss and pain in neck
- What causes sudden weight loss with anxiety
- Does regular masturbation cause excessive weight loss
- Treatment and cure for Excessive weight loss
- Diagnosis of Excessive weight loss
- Drugs/medication for Excessive weight loss
- Excessive weight loss constipation done blood test need advice