• question-icon

What does my ultrasound scan report indicate?

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello doctor! I was recently diagnosed with hepatitis A. After the ultrsound of my stomach my liver was a bit enlarged and i had minimal fluid in my pelvis.Its been one month and my latest LFT reports show my Total bilirubin 1.5. SGOT 34, SGPT 45. Recently i have started having gas problems and feeling of fullness aftet eating a meal. I am worried. Please help
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Post Prandial Distress Syndrome

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.

Hepatitis A infection is a viral infection and is self limiting.
It is already resolved in your case as evident in your liver function test reports.
The fullness in the stomach is not related to hepatitis A infection.

You can take Sompraz -L once a day for 4 weeks for relief from abdominal fullness.

Dr.R.K
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 10 minutes later
So doctor i have nothing to worry about mild ascites which was diagnosed in the beginning and also i have taken rabeprazil dsr and digeplex. Should i stop these and continue above stated medicine as i have g6pd. And what food precautions should i take. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 38 hours later
Brief Answer:
No need worry

Detailed Answer:
Yes, nothing to worry.
Yes stop those medications and take what I have mentioned.
No specific diet restriction.

Dr.R.K

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 11 hours later
Hello doctor. I have an on and off pain under my rib cage on the right hand size where the liver is located. What causes it? Is it serious and worrisome or is it common in my condition. And how to deal with it?
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 41 hours later
Brief Answer:
Since when?

Detailed Answer:
hi,
Since when are you having that pain?
After you were diagnosed with Hepatitis A?
Follow up: Dr. Ratnakar Kini 1 hour later
Yes somedays i dont feel, somedays mildly. It has happened recently only
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 32 hours later
Brief Answer:
Dyspepsia

Detailed Answer:
Though hepatitis can cause pain in the right upper quadrant, your symptom could be due to due to post prandial distress syndrome, which I have mentioned in my earlier post.

Dr.R.K.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Ratnakar Kini

Gastroenterologist