What does my transvaginal ultrasound report indicate?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 2 Mar 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hello
Hoping to get some insight I am 45 quit smokingv7 months ago and have put on 6 pounds which I feel I haven’t been as active as I used to be my question is it is 2 weeks before my period and I am having lower abdominal aches and pains on both sides mostly the right they come and go and I also suffer from ibs and stomach issues but when this x comes around I find I have looser stool until I start my period then it goes back to normal so I am pretty sure I am obvulating I am on day 14 of my cycle but is this normal .. I usually will have some sort of symptom till I get my period I am due for a transvaginal ultrasound next week and I also suffer from fybroids
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could it be due to hormonal imbalance.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have read your history carefully and understand your concerns.
Your symptoms are most likely due to hormonal changes occur before your menses.
But it could be due to IBS also because IBS can also affected by hormonal changes.
Fibroid may also cause hormonal changes.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 8 hours later
Hello
So you don't. Think this is uti or anything serious kidneys overies appendix as it is 2weeks before my period and I know it could be ovulation as I do have a discharge
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it is not like that.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for the reply.
Yes,in my opinion it is hormonal and not associated with any kidney, appendix and uti.
Because your symptoms are suggested for the same.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T