What does my semen analysis report indicate?

Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Infertility Specialist

Posted on Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: HI, I AM 40 YEARS OLD, DONE SEMEN ANALYSIS AND THE RESULT IS TOTAL SPERM COUNT IS 60MILL/ML, ACTIVE MOTILE IS 30%, SLUGGISH MOTILE IS 20%, NON MOTILE 50%. KINDLY TELL ME WHAT THIS REPORT SAYS, WHETHER I AM FERTILE OR NOT AND SUGGEST SOME MEDICINES FOR IMPROVEMENT(IF ANY)
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I read your query and I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply

1. You are definitely fertile. Dont worry about it.

2. Count is very good.

3. Motility is also fine except for little slow speed.

4. You dont need any medicines.

5. Get your wife also investigated for basic infertility test.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
IVF and infertility Specialist
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
THANK YOU SIR FOR YOUR REPLY. OTHER FINDINGS OF THE REPORT IS STAINED MORPHOLOGY( NORMAL-40, ABNORMAL-60,RBC-NIL,LEUCOCYTES-3-4,EPITHELIAL CELLS-0-1, PROSTATIC GRANUULE-+). WHAT IT MEANS. SIR, MY WIFE HAS ALSO DONE PAP SMEAR TEST AND HSG X-RAY WHICH SHOWS NORMAL RESULT. IS THERE ANY OTHER TEST NEEDED FOR MY WIFE. KINDLY INFORM.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Age

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Your reports are fine. These are normal findings.

Your wife's age is more important. Though HSG is normal age of wife is very important.

Please let me know age so that I can help.

Let me know how long you have been trying for pregnancy.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow up: Dr. Mahesh Koregol 9 minutes later
THANK YOU SIR. MY WIFE AGE IS 36 YEARS AND WE ARE TRYING FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS TO CONCEIVE. WELL WE HAVE A DAUGHTER OF 7 YEARS OLD AND MY WIFE HAD UNDERGONE CAESERIAN TO DELIVER THIS BABY IN 2007. MY WIFE HAS BEEN SUFFERING FROM LOW BACK PAIN SINCE 2 YEARS. MY WIFE'S PERIODIC CYCLE IS 25 DAYS AND THE BLEEDING ONLY REMAINS FOR 2 DAYS AND THE BLEEDING IS NORMAL.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Age

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Your wife's age is more. She needs to get her ovarian reserve tested.

Please visit IVF centre for getting antral follicle count and FSH AMH levels tested.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj