What do the following stress and ECHO test results indicate?

Dr. Sagar Makode

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: had 2 stress test and echo and heart is good. is it possible to havr a clear echo anf have a heart problem. my etopics wont go away most severe are after eating
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See the description

Detailed Answer:
hello,
Most probably these are benign VPC. Likelihood of any cardiac disease is less because of your age and also tests are normal.
It's possible to have heart disease with normal echo, but then stress test should have shown something. Overall, including echo and stress, there is very low likelihood of any cardiac disease.
You need to be started on beta blockers like tab Metoprolol some Weeks, which will suppress these vpc and control your symptoms. Also, regular exercises will help. You need to avoid stimulants like caffeine, avoid smoking, alcohol if any. If any anxiety is there, then need yoga, meditation, deep breathing exercises. Overall, doesn't look like a matter of worry. Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Sagar Makode 9 hours later
it happens alot after eating could this be from the vagus nerve?
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 3 hours later
yes certainly, vagus nerve has a influence on in these ectopics. In some patients, it increases called as Vagotonic effect and in some they decrease called as vagolytic. Aggravation after eating probably suggest acidity mediated vagal stimulantion, may lead to worsening of the symptoms. You can also get started along with Beta blockers on antacid, prokinetic combination like tab Pan DSR 40 mg beforebreakfast once a day for 1- 2 weeks, and look for the response, if there is any relief. All the best.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Sagar Makode 2 hours later
my electrophysiologist assures me they are etopics but is it possible for etopics to last forever. any natural remedies i can try apart from magnesium?
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
See the description

Detailed Answer:
Since you don't have any underlying cardiac disease, these ectopics will go on their own with time, after how much time, we can't say at this moment. However, you take precautions which I mentioned in previous answers especially drugs if any. Also, I guess you don't have any menstrual issues, because hormonal imbalance can cause these.
Regarding natural remedies, there are some without proven benefit, however some physician recommend it. Firstly, L-carnitine, amino acid derivative, 250 mg three to four times a day.
Coenzyme Q10 (Ubiquinone), A naturally occurring enzyme, 100 mg daily. so one can try this as well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Sagar Makode 13 minutes later
is co 10 like ubiquinol? i do have heavy periods and aneamia at the moment and have a rhyroid condition which was 1st graves diesease then i got radio iodine and now on thyroxine last 4 yrs. can they contribute ir can stress be a killer all round??
Answered by Dr. Sagar Makode 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
See the description

Detailed Answer:
yes, you are right, it's ubiquinol only. Have you got your thyroid tested recently, if not then you should get it. Because, excess of thyroid hormone can definitely lead to ectopics. Also, you should also other hormonal profile done like FSH, LH because these can also cause ectopics. Get iron supplements for anemia, if it's still there.
Overall, it's not a dangerous condition, also stress will not be a killer.