What causes chronic diarrhea while on Metoprolol, lisinopril, Metformin, Furosemide and Potassium Chloride?

Question
I take medication and cannot take pills so I cruch them and put them in water and wait til they dissolve then drink it my medication list is metoprolol tartrate 50 mg I daily.i also take metformin hcl 1000 mg 1/2 tablet twice a day lisinopril 10 mg 2 tablets daily furosemide 40 mg 1 tablet daily and potassium 20 meq 1/2 tablet twice a day I take all at one time then the second half later in the evening The problem is I have diahrea and don't know what is causing it. my email is YYYY@YYYY

this has been an ongoing sistuation
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
metformin and potassium may be causing it

Detailed Answer:

although I can't diagnose anything from afar it seems very likely that a chronic diarrhea without any other symptoms may be caused by either metformin or potassium or their combination (even more with that) as diarrhea is a common side effect for these drugs. Metoprolol and lisinopril are other potential offenders as they may cause diarrhea in up to 5-10% of patients taking them.

Some basic tests should be done to exclude common causes like a stool culture and microscopic examination. If they're both clear and your problem started after initiating any of the aforementioned drugs then a side effect is very likely.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind Regards!