Suggest treatment for loose stools and high blood pressure while treating diabetes
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
First, the abdominal symptoms can be due to
a. a side effect of metformin.
b. a bacterial overgrowth.
In the first case, you need to change metformin to an extended release formulation or change the drug completely.
In the second case, you need to take antibiotics / probiotics as and when the symptoms develop. Rifaximin and probiotic are good option.
As for BP. You are on good medicine. Salt and fat restriction , daily physical activity and control of weight are essential measures. Addition of metoprolol can be considered if your physician think it's appropriate and there are no other contraindications to it's use.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible.
Feel free to contact me on the subject as needed.
Best of luck. Dr Mittal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- High blood pressure and diabetes
- Treatment for high blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure natural treatments
- High blood pressure emergency treatment
- Treating high blood pressure
- How can high blood pressure related to diabetes be treated
- Postpartum high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure diabetes not overweight
- Theraflu diabetes high blood pressure