What do the following hCG and progesterone levels indicate?

Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 23 Mar 2017 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello, I am not sure how far a long I am pregnant. My HCG level came back at 494 (first blood draw) and my progesterone was at 18.2, is this normal? I'm thinking I could be near 5 weeks or so. I know everyone is different but is this within normal range for that time span?

Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Repeat HCG test.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns.

There is a wide range of HCG values in early pregnancy. This HCG level does correspond to 4-5 weeks pregnancy. Ideally the progesterone level in early pregnancy should be more than 25. Therefore I suggest you to repeat HCG level after 48 hours from the last test. This will give a clear picture regarding pregnancy.

There is no need to do any ultrasound now.

I hope this is helpful.
If you have any further concerns, I will be happy to answer.
Best wishes,
Dr Rama
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad