What do my urine test results indicate?
I just had a urine culture done to check for infection and the results are as follows according to Myehealth.
Hemoglobin A - Trace
WBC - 4 - 10
RBC 1 - 3
Leukocyktes - A Small
Epithial cells - moderate
Culture - 10 - 100 CFU/L/Skin Flora
Just wondering if you could explain those results to me. Thankyou XXXXXXX
Just wondering if I will get an answer to this question, as I had sent an email three hours ago, and still haven't go an answer yet. Could you pls let me know if you have received this. Thanks, XXXXXXX
does not indicate infection present at the moment
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
White blood cells /leukocytes would are the areas that would indicate the presence of an infection.
They are the part of the body/blood that respond to infection and would be present in large quantities in the presence of any infection.
Small amount are sometimes present in a female sample even if urinary tract infection is not present.
According the results stated, there are only a small amount of leukocytes seen . The culture also states skin flora meaning that they may be picking up bacteria that is present on the skin in the region where the sample was collected.
This is confirmed by the epithelial cells, which can be skin cells, contaminating the sample
In summary, this result does not indicate that an infection is present at the moment.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Do urine test results indicate onset glycosuria
- Blood in urine done urine test what can this be
- Frequent urination pain urine test done what does result mean
- What does my urine test indicate
- What does my urine examination result indicates for
- Urine test and urine culture done what does results suggest
- What do pus cells in urine test indicate
- What is the meaning of the urine test result
- Urine analysis done what does the result indicate
- What does these urine test results indicate