What do my lab test results indicate?
CPK - 226
Total protein- 7.5
Alk phosp- 72
ALT- 47 ( which is considered high in labs)****
So my concern is ALT levels as I wait for my next blood test ... Low vitamin D and 47 ALT has me thinking and reading way to much internet blogs... This is the healthcare heaven...
ALT levels are not a cause for concern.
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
The mentioned ALT levels are quite acceptable, especially for a person with Gilbert's syndrome. I would not be concerned about it. Since there is a problem with the functioning of your liver or your hepatobiliary system, mere substitution of Vitamin D would not be enough to take care of your low Vitamin D levels. Activated Vitamin D3 has to be given instead.
A raised CPK level indicates tissue damage. Cannot say where it is occurring. Needs careful clinical correlation. A careful follow up would be necessary.
It's good to know that my ALT is still on a somewhat Stable level.. My CPK was from over training... Once again thanks for your advice and providing the comfort of professional advice ..
Glad to be of service.
Thanks for writing back. Glad to know that it was reassuring. If you are working out (physical activity), that could perhaps explain high muscle turnover, thereby a rise in CPK levels.
Feel free to write back in case of further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Complement test done what do the results indicate
- What does the test result indicate
- What does the cea market test results indicate
- What does the stool test result indicate
- Done uterus test what does the results indicate
- What does positive result of mantoux test indicate
- Hcg lab test results
- What does my blood test result indicate
- What does test result for rrms indicate
- Prenatal lab tests results