What are the side effects of gall bladder removal and are there any alternative treatments?

Hi doctor, my mother has been advised to go for gall bladder removal surgery after the scan report confirmed she had multiple stones in the gall bladder. She was also diagnosed with a 6mm stone in her right kidney recently. she is 46 years old and she has thyroid and is under medication for the same. About 8 years back, she had cysts in her uterus, she underwent a surgery and both her ovaries and uterus were removed! Will she have problems if her gall bladder is removed, also she gets emotional to know why body parts have to be removed! Can you pls suggest what could be done and what effects will this surgery have on her?

Wed, 11 Dec 2013