Suggest treatment for gallstones

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 15 Sep 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: 1/10 of my gall gladder are stones. There is no obvious symptom yet. There is only very slight improvement in ultra sound pictures. The stones are almost the same. What else can be done? Will any herb help? I take fruits with ursodiol to overcome side effects.

I used android and it does not work thru. Andoid is supported? Thanks!
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Laparoscopic removal is recommended.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.

I've gone through your details and I appreciate your concerns.

The hepatobiliary system includes the liver, pancreas, bile ducts and the gallbladder...

The gallbladder is connected to the vital organ like pancreas through the common bile duct. Some times a stone from gallbladder may incidentally slip into the common bile duct and reach pancreas causing life-threatening pancreatitis.

Therefore treatment of choice is the laproscopic removal of the gallbladder.
I don't think that herb or any other medication would be effective or is a good choice.

Advice--
Please go for laparoscopic removal of the gallbladder.

Sorry, but what is android? (If you mean to say any medicines, please mention the salt in this medicine for further suggestion)

Thanks!

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 29 hours later
shall i quit calcium supplements?

i take calcium supplement about 150% daily allowance for the bone spicules near left foot ankle.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
follow up

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,
70% of times gallbladder stone contains calcium oxalate so get your blood calcium level checked if they are normal don't take calcium supplements.

Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng