What do my lab test reports indicate?

Dr. Priyanka G Raj

Infectious Diseases Specialist

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I recently got health checkup done for me and my wife. I would like an advise on the reports and consultation on improving the deficiencies.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly attach reports

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query
I am not able to see any reports
So Kindly Kindly attach reports and send

Thank you
Dr Priyanka G Raj
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka G Raj 1 minute later
Reports attached.
Thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Vitamin D deficiency

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the query
I had gone through all your and your wife reports.
According to those reports, all tests have come normal except vitamin D.Both of you are having deficient of Vitamin D
You can take vitamin D3 cholecalciferol in sachets forms or tablet forms 60,000 IU once weekly which will be available over the counter.

Later, we advice the same tablet to be taken once a month only for 1 year.

The major cause of vitamin D deficiency is lack of proper sun exposure or person remains covered throughout the day.

Apart from medical treatment, you should have adequate sun light exposure preferably in morning hours around 8 AM for minimum 10 to 15 minutes daily.

Once your vitamin D level will be restored then it is not necessary to continue further vitamin supplements. You have to take balanced diet with proper sunlight exposure to prevent future deficiency

Natural source of Vitamin D includes sun exposure. Food items rich in Vitamin D are fish oils, fatty fish, mushrooms, beef liver, cheese, and egg yolks.
If you have any doubts, you are most welcome.If not kindly close the thread and rate it

Thank you
Dr Priyanka G Raj

Follow up: Dr. Priyanka G Raj 2 minutes later
Could you please Cholesterol for me And Iron for my wife?

One more thing, my wife has issue like swellings in legs or hands sometime. What could be the reason for the same?
Answered by Dr. Priyanka G Raj 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
high triglycerides for you and your wife iron efficiency anaemia

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks again
For high triglycerides a combination of Atorvastatin / Rosuvastatin along with Fenofibrates in given.
So Novastat TG should be used.
In case you are finding it costly you can take Lipikind F from Mankind Pharma as it is very cheap comparatively.
You can ask your doctor to prescribe the same
I would advise you the following...
Do regular aerobic exercises
Shed your weight.
Avoid saturated fats,junk foods and colas
Consume more of fresh fruits,green vegetables,nuts and fibre

For your wife
She should start on iron supplements like orofer syrup or any iron tablet like Feosol once daily for 3 months and also she should take iron rich diet such as green leafy vegitables, drum stick, pomogranut, dry fruits like dates, jaggery etc

Thank you
Dr Priyanka G Raj