Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

What do my health check reports indicate?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 3071 Questions
Weight 73 Kg, Height 173 cm. I have high triglycerides for last more than 6 years (weight has been between 68-74 kg for last 6 years except this year beginning where I was measuring 78 kg) in the range of 200 to 300. Beginning this year, during a regular check up, noticed that my triglyceride was 537 and weight was 78 kg. Since then, I have cut down sweets, alcohol (almost negligible, earlier I was moderate 60 ml in a week). I'm eating lots of green vegetables and fruits. I do exercise average 1 hour in gym burns about 500 cal daily. I did the test in July this year and it was 350. I did a test again in November after loosing almost 5 kgs in last 8 months, but my triglyceride is 389 today. My BMI is good now and I was never obese. Doctor had advised Fenoclip 145mg in the beginning, but I did not start it then primarily thinking that I can bring it down with exercise and change in food habits.

I was Vitamin D and B-12 deficient. I have been taking medicines for these. The current (report shows) normal. I have attached the current report and history of all reports with suspect abnormalities in a separate pdf file.
Should I start medicines now for Triglyceride?
I also saw few other reports not okay. please advise on this as well.
Fri, 13 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start medicines

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcaremagic.
Hi, I am Dr Anshul Varshney , I have read your query in detail , I understand your concern.
I appreciate your own efforts to control your lipid profile, but your Triglycerides are still very high and along with lifestyle modifications you should start medicines. Fenolip 145 is the right drug for you and you should start with it.

Vitamin D and Vitamin B12 supplements you can continue.

Now, next point of concern in your reports is reduced GFR and rising creatinine.

Before , i intervene further, i would like to know that how is your blood pressure and blood sugar?

Stay Healthy.
Dr Anshul Varshney , MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What do my health check reports indicate? 2 hours later
Thank you so much sir for the advice.

Sir- Please let me know, how long I will continue Fenolip 145 before I take another test?

My BP when measured last was normal 120/80 (about a month back). I see that BP report on 11 Feb 2017 is 130/80.

Blood sugar level are as follows:

11 Nov 2017 : Average Blood Sugar 117 mg/dl
HbA1c 5.7%

15 July 2017 : Average Blood Sugar 108 mg/dl
HbA1c 5.4%

Let me know if I have to provide any other info.

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take for 1 month

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend, Take Fenolip for 1 month and then get the test done.

I would also recommend you to get your Kidney function tests repeated from any authentic laboratory like Dr Lal Path labs, SRL Rnabaxy.

Till then start the medicines and write back to me after 1 month with fresh reports.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What do my health check reports indicate? 16 hours later
Thank you very much. I will revert to after 1 month with the report suggested.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Good Luck.

Detailed Answer:
i wish you a speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor