What do fluid filled itchy bumps on finger indicate?
herpes is a possibility
Welcome to healthcaremagic.
I have read your query and understood your concern.
YOu said that you got two different issues : eczema and folliculitis which were already being confirmed and dignosed by your doctor.
Regarding your ist query, eczema can involve any body site apart from fingers.
Likewise folliculits which is an infection of hair follicle can also involve any body site, more importantly hair bearing areas.
Now regarding your query for the lesion on genital area, as per description it can be herpes.
actually what happens, even if your partner is not having active lesions, there are always chances of asymptomatic shedding of virus which can cause infection.
I will like to know whether you got any fluid filled lesions over the part prior to the current lesions?
Did you use any protection while contact?
I will also advise you following investigations to confirm;
1) IgM anti HSV 1 and 2 antibodies
2) IgG anti HSV 1 and 2 antibodies
These investigations will give information about recent and past infection if any.
Kindly get back to me with reply of the above questions and reports of the mentioned investigations so that I can help you to my best.
kindly get bavk with the report
Unprotected sex can expose you to the risk of acquiring infection.
I will advise you to get the aforementioned investigations so as to come to conclusion.
Till the time, you may apply topical mupirocin 2percent cream over the lesion on genitalia.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Red itchy bumps turn into fluid filled
- What are the itchy fluid filled bumps around my ankle
- Itchy fluid filled bumps on face
- What are the itchy bumps filled with fluid on the bottom of my feet
- Itchy red bumps filled with clear fluid help
- Itchy fluid filled bumps
- Fluid filled itchy bumps on chest
- Fluid filled itchy bumps on elbow
- Itchy fluid filled bumps on my hand
- What could painfulred itchy fluid filled bump be