Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

What cream can I apply for rashes between testicle sac and thigh?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2609 Questions
yes Dr. I have a rash in the crevice between my testicle sac and my thigh, its also has a smelly discharge and slight burning when I shower, otherwise no pain and only on the left side. This happens once in a while and if I keep it cleans with baby wipes it helps. I am an over the road truck driver and showers aren't as frequent as I'd like, about once every 3rd day. Is there a cream I can apply to this area? no more questions, just need this to go away, thank you
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Fungal skin infection Detailed Answer: Hi Seems like you have developed a fungal infection of the groin region. Such lesions are quite common especially due to increased sweating and infrequent bathing. You need to apply a topical antifungal cream containing clotrimazole over the affected area twice a day. Something like canestan cream is an easily available over the counter drug for the same. Do not apply any other cream or oil over it. Wear cotton clothes as much as possible so as to decrease sweating. Use the medicine for atleast two weeks continuously. I am sure it will help. Please ask if you have any other query Dr Geetika Paul
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor