What causes yellow coating on tongue and burning feeling in eyes?

Posted on Mon, 8 Jun 2015 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: I had a yellow coat on my tongue now it's white, my eyes kind of burn, had a rash twice but went away on my back, coughing and coughing up phlegm and on the back of my tongue it appears to split but no blood and bumps. My tongue doesn't hurt or no pain, I also feel tired at times. I took a test for std but haven't got the results. What can I expect?
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details required. Symptoms are not specific to STDs/HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for query. I am Dr Bharatesh D Basti answering your query.
Welcome to health care magic. I have gone through the details.
Please send following details for clarification:
- Intercourse history
- Partner history
- Reason for undergoing STDs test
- treatment history
- any other disease
- duration of symptoms.

The symptoms are non specific and may not be related to STDs/HIV.

You can get back for any clarification with details.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Dermatologist and venerologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 3 hours later
Intercourse bout four weeks ago, partner I heard slept around before I met her, std testing was due to precaution and some symptoms I see I looked up and my aunt was a nurse and told me to get check to be safe as well because sometimes diseases don't appear for weeks after the affected, haven't went thru treatment just got tested results won't be back in till end of week, no other diseases from me, her unsure but hope not, symptoms just started about two weeks ago and the bumps on my the back of my tongue are kind of big and kinda a white tongue and some whiteness in the back of my throat, sometimes my throats sore but not always, and my tongue is kinda yellowish at first but now the yellowish is in the back and whiteness towards the front, I feel tired most the time, and weak, sweat at times, some head aches, and loss of appetite... It said on the web some std rashes can show up and I got what appears to be a rash on my back twice, I'm healthy and I'm not sick, just been the last three weeks started feeling like this and symptoms started to appear...trying to give you as much detail that I can recall now and tell
Answered by Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Symptoms are not specific to HIV.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thank you for follow up query.

The symptoms are not specific to HIV. They may be due to anxiety, or stress or deficiencies.HIV is diagnosed by investigations and not by symptoms.
The chances of transmission by unprotected intercourse is very rare.She may be negative too.
It is good that you are undergoing tests.

You can consult a physician for examination.
Relieve your stress.
So yoga,meditation.
Use mouth gargles.
We will wait for results.

You can get back for any clarification.
Thank you
Dr Bharatesh D Basti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Dermatologist