What causes whitish discharge from vagina?

Dr. Nidhi Setia

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 11 Sep 2015 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Question: Is there something wrong with my inside of my cervix..?
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
some white discharge, need to know the symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome here.

I have seen the image which you have uploaded.

I think there is some white discharge.

Sometimes its normal during ovulation or just before menses.

It would be great if you mention your symptoms in details. This will help me to assess your problem and guide you better.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Nidhi Setia 1 hour later
I've recently been 4 days late for my period so idk if I could be pregnant possibly and I have no symptoms at the moment
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
go for UPT to confirm pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
In early pregnancy, the vascularity of cervix increases. This gives bluish coloration to cervix.

But it is much clearly noticed when examined physically.

To confirm pregnancy, I would advise you to go for urine pregnancy test if you have missed your periods.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Nidhi Setia 14 hours later
I took 2 test and they came out negative is there still a possibility of pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
possibility of pregnancy is less.

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for late response,

Pregnancy can be confirmed by urine pregnancy test from the next day of missed period.

Inyour case,urine pregnancy test came negative even after 4-5 days of missed period so chances of pregnancy is very less.

Blood beta-hcg and ultrasound are confirmatory test for pregnancy.consult your gynecologist.

If pregnancy confirms negative,i advise that you should go for thyroid profile,serum prolactin to know the cause of delay period.

Hope it helps.

Feel free to ask further,

Thanks.