What causes delayed menstruation and negative pregnancy test?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Women's Health
Question: Hi,my periods are delayed for 2 months. I took a bhcg on 2nd Nov and 15th Nov, it is negative. TVs shows pcos, I took primolut from 5th till 10th of Nov, twice in a day. No periods. Insulin, tsh normal , no prolactin
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Oral pills can help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Since the pregnancy test is negative and all the hormones are normal the delay in periods is due to hormonal imbalance caused by PCOS. There was no withdrawal bleeding after primolut. You need to start with regular oral contraceptive pills after consulting a gynecologist.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
My gynae has asked to wait for few more days. My primolut course was completed on 10th Nov. The endometrium is 10mm.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Endometrium is still thin.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It has already been 10 days since you stopped primolut. You can start with oral contraceptive pills now also. The endometrium is 18-20 MM thick before it starts bleeding.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D