question-icon

What causes white spots on tragus along with ear pain?

Posted on Wed, 29 Jul 2015
Question: Hello I have a white dot on my tragus, very small but has swollen and now my ear hurts especially when I eat and now my ear seems to be blocked as well. Have been using germoline but doesn't seem to help?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Nanjasetty (41 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Folliculitis of the external ear...

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

After going through the history, I do believe that you could be having folliculitis of the external ear.

You would require broad spectrum oral antibiotics (combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid) along with local antiseptic cream such as mupirocin or neomycin sulphate.

The ear block may be due to presence of wax or crusts. Consult your doctor for a complete evaluation and management.

Hope I have answered your query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Naveen Kumar Nanjasetty

ENT Specialist