Suggest treatment for skin lesion under the nose
I have attached the pic of my daughter.
Just below the nose there is some phoray (phinsi).
She is playful but it pains when touched.
Please suggest what treatment we can give her for relief.
Please reattach the image, antibiotics with analgesic will help
Thanks for asking on this platform
I am sorry, but I did not find the attached image. I request you to reattach the image.
The most common cause of abscess like skin lesion in facial region is due to some bacterial infection. Giving oral antibiotics like Amoxycillin and clavuunate combination with local application of antibiotic like mupirocin and analgesic like ibuprofen(ibugesic) syrup helps.
It takes usually 5-7 days for complete resolution.
For 2.5 year old baby the dose of amoxicillin clavuunate combination(228.5/5ml)is 5 ml twice a day. Similarly the dose of ibuprofen(100 mg/5ml) is 5 ml two to three times a day.
If there is no improvement, lesions progress rapidly, baby is getting lethargic or there is high grade fever please contact your pediatrician immediately.
I suggest you to consult a pediatrician for clinical evaluation and prescription of the medications.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
You local antibiotic cream
I have seen the attached image. It is not exactly abscess(a pus filled lesion). It is cellulitis a early form of abscess and should be treated with local application of antibiotic like mupirocin.
If the number of lesions increase or it is enlarging rapidly you may need to add oral antibiotic too.
You may also give analgesic like ibuprofen to relieve the pain.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for skin infection under the breast
- Suggest treatment for lesion in the groin
- Suggest treatment for runny nose
- Suggest treatment for nose deviation
- Treatment for weeping skin lesions
- Suggest treatment for skin infection
- Suggest treatment for blocked nose
- Movement under skin treatment
- Suggest treatment for rough skin on my nose
- Suggest effective treatment for skin lesion
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting