Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for skin lesion under the nose

User rating for this question
Answered by

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1815 Questions
Hi Doctor

I have attached the pic of my daughter.

Just below the nose there is some phoray (phinsi).

She is playful but it pains when touched.

Please suggest what treatment we can give her for relief.

Tue, 8 May 2018 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please reattach the image, antibiotics with analgesic will help

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on this platform

I am sorry, but I did not find the attached image. I request you to reattach the image.
The most common cause of abscess like skin lesion in facial region is due to some bacterial infection. Giving oral antibiotics like Amoxycillin and clavuunate combination with local application of antibiotic like mupirocin and analgesic like ibuprofen(ibugesic) syrup helps.
It takes usually 5-7 days for complete resolution.
For 2.5 year old baby the dose of amoxicillin clavuunate combination(228.5/5ml)is 5 ml twice a day. Similarly the dose of ibuprofen(100 mg/5ml) is 5 ml two to three times a day.
If there is no improvement, lesions progress rapidly, baby is getting lethargic or there is high grade fever please contact your pediatrician immediately.

I suggest you to consult a pediatrician for clinical evaluation and prescription of the medications.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for skin lesion under the nose 2 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You local antibiotic cream

Detailed Answer:

I have seen the attached image. It is not exactly abscess(a pus filled lesion). It is cellulitis a early form of abscess and should be treated with local application of antibiotic like mupirocin.
If the number of lesions increase or it is enlarging rapidly you may need to add oral antibiotic too.
You may also give analgesic like ibuprofen to relieve the pain.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor