What causes fluid drainage from the ear?
ear infections can go along with cough/cold or flu
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
You likely have an ear infection. Ear infections can go along with the cough/cold.
The presence of the cough/cold or flu can sometimes cause an ear infection because there is a connection in these passages.
If an ear infection is confirmed by the doctor then topical (drops directly to the ear) or oral antibiotics, may be needed.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes drainage from the anus
- What causes poor lymphatic drainage
- What causes recurrance of pus drainage from ears
- What causes fluid leakage in ears
- What could cause pain and drainage in ear drum
- What causes sinus drainage in the mornings
- What causes red tint to the ear drainage
- What causes drainage in throat
- What causes fluid in middle ear
- What causes fluid in the ear in adults
- Can Hydroxyzine be taken for urinary tract and bladder infections?
- What causes black colored stool?
- What causes dizziness in an elderly person post suffering a concussion?
- What does severe atrophy in a MRI report indicate?
- What causes electric shock like sensation in the arms radiating to the...
- Suggest treatment for swollen lymph nodes and fever in a child
- What does resting heart beat of 52 indicate?
- What causes diarrhea and upper right abdominal pain?
- Is Oxycodone 10/325 different from Oxycodone 114?
- Can Antabuse cause dizziness?