What causes vaginal discharge and pelvic pain?

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Posted on Mon, 6 Apr 2015 in Infections
Question: I have a bad lung infection the past few weeks, I am on strong antibiotics, pain relief, anti inflammatories and steroids.
Yesterday my left nipple began to leak a creamy yellow fluid, a lot of vaginal discharge which is very smelly and today the pain in my lower abdomen feels like labour pains but I had a tubal ligation and abalation last July!! Getting quite worried to be honest the pain is intense even on the pain relief for my infection.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
see a doctor as soon as possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for your question.
I am sorry that you are having so many problems. The problems with the vaginal discharge and pelvic pain (even while on pain medications) are concerning for pelvic inflammatory disease. This can be very serious and even require hospitalization if it is not diagnosed and treated early. You need a pelvic exam and testing as soon as possible. The antibiotics that you are on for your lungs may not cover pelvic infections. The breast discharge can be from many things and again you need to see a doctor for an exam and testing to determine the cause, but that is not as concerning as the pelvic pain and discharge.
See a doctor soon please,
Dr. Robinson
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T