What causes wheezing post a stent placement surgery in the heart?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
Good Morning, I am caregiver for my Father who is 95. He has asthma, COPD, just had a stent inserted in his right aortic valve and is due to have a valve replacemt next week. Last thursday he started feeling ill, cough , clight fever, took him to Dr who did chest exray (no results yet) and gave him antibiotics. He isn't feeling better and in fact he started wheezing yesterday. Dr office closed, insurance no nurse help line...so, need to know if I should take him to ER. I have given him all his inhalers and nebulizer treatments...Thank you for yiour advise

Mon, 21 May 2018 in Elderly Problems

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you should definitely take him to emergency room.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Possibility of lung infection is more likely because he was given antibiotics.
And his lung infection is not controlled with antibiotic because he has developed wheezing.
So better to take him to emergency room.
He might need higher injectable antibiotics to control infection.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your grandfather. Thanks.