What causes spitting of mucus as per the attached chest X-ray reports?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Tue, 8 May 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hi Doctor,
My wife is facing problem with spitting. Every now and again she has to spit Mucus. Otherwise she is good.
I want to get started on her treatment and wanted to contact you as first point of contact.
Please suggest the treatment.
Thanks,
Simar
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Get done chest x ray first.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Your wife is having chronic cough with expectoration.
Common causes for this are
1. Lung infection
2. Bronchitis
3. Asthma.
So get done chest x ray and PFT.
Chest x ray is needed to rule out lung infection.
Pft is must for the diagnosis of asthma or bronchitis.
Please let me know if she had undergone chest x ray or PFT earlier.
I will be happy to help you further.
Wishing good health to your wife. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 10 minutes later
Thanks Doctor!!

We will have the Chest X-Ray and PFT done today.

Can you spell full form of PFT for me.

What can be the cost of these 2 tests ?
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PFT means pulmonary function test.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
PFT means pulmonary function test.
In hospital you can should ask for 'Spirometry'.
Please let me know your city so that I can tell you exact cost of these tests.
I will be happy to help you further.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
my City name is Gurgaon!
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chest x ray will cost around 500 and spirometry around 900.

Detailed Answer:
Since you are living in XXXXXXX XXXXXXX chest x ray will cost you around 500 Rupees and spirometry around 900 Rupees.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your wife. Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 44 hours later
Hi Doctor

I have gone thru my wife’s chest x ray. Attached are the reports.

Can you please confirm whats the reason and what should be the next steps.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chest x ray is normal.

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through the chest x ray report you have attached.
It is absolutely normal.
What about spirometry?
Has she undergone spirometry?
Spirometry will be more informative to rule out bronchitis and asthma.
Chest x ray is normal so no need to worry for lung infection.
I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your wife. Thanks.