What causes tremors, nausea, muscle pain and inflammation in vagina?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hello,
I'm wondering if you can help. I am really not feeling well. I have the shivers, nausea and muscle aches right now. Earlier tonight I had sex with my boyfriend and it was really painful. It seems that the vaginal wall is really inflamed. I'm not sure if these are related but do you have any idea what this is and should I see my doctor?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for trusting us about your health care.
I can understand your concern here.
There are so many reasons of your symptoms but before giving my opinion I want to ask a few questions from you, so I will be able to give you a better opinion.
Are you having any type of vaginal discharge which is foul smelling or is there any itching?
Are you having burning in urine or difficulty in passing urine?

Did you have unprotected sex and did you try any type of pills?
Is there any cut in vaginal wall?

Please revert back to me with my answers.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Richa Agarwal 10 minutes later
Ok, to answer your questions
No vaginal discharge or itching right now but I did have a fair amount yesterday during the day. It is more of a throbbing feeling. It might also be useful to note that my clitoris is very sensitive and there seems to be a bit of pressure on my bowls (maybe from the inflammation?)
When I urinate it does sting.
I have HPV virus and I have had the warts. I had one removed Monday so we used a condom the last time we had sex. Typically we don't use protection and I have been on XXXXXXX for years now.
I don't notice a cut in the vaginal wall. The sex was really painful on contact though.
Hopefully these answers help!
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to vaginal or urine infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,

Thanks for your information, I have gone through your symptoms and in my opinion it can be due to vaginal infection and it can be due to urine infection.
You should drink a lot of warm water and consult a Gynecologist and get yourself examined and took antibiotic accordingly.
You can take paracetamol for fever.
Take green tea, avoid sexual intercourse and maintain a vaginal hygiene.
Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.
Good luck.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN