What causes swollen glands on side of the throat?
Could be viral illness
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
By what you quote I suspect it to be a viral illness especially caused by EBV (Ebstein Barr Virus) which causes this classical illness of neck gland swelling, puffiness of face and fever. Cough can and cold might be associated. Pain in jaw is also explainable by this.
Being a viral illness antibiotics are not needed and some times may precipitate some rash and wont alleviate the symptoms.
Discuss about my views with the treating doctor. If the doctor agrees I recommend you get her tested for EBV VCA IgM antibody test. Further she may not be breathing fine due to nasal congestion. We can use saline nasal drops to relieve this discomfort.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes swollen mastoind glands
- What causes swollen throat and joints with fever
- What causes swollen salivary glands
- What causes swollen glands neck
- Smoking marajuana causes swollen glands in throat
- What causes sore and swollen throat
- Swollen throat gland cause drooling
- What causes to have swollen tongue and sore throat
- What causes systems burning swollen tongue and throat
- Throat swollen causes