Suggest alternative medication for Temazepam

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Mental Health
Question: I am taking Temezapam for sleep--for at least 3 months. Are alternative medicines available to help
me sleep?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Do you have issues taking this drug?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I will like to know if you have any problems taking Tamazepam. If you do, we have many other options. We do have simple options like benadryl or more controlled medications such as clonazepam. In addition, you should try lifestyle modifications such as sleeping at regular times, avoiding alcohol and coffee and avoiding prolonged daily naps. Finally, try to keep music and light away close to bedtime.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.