How to eliminate a bed bug infestation?

Question
I think I have found bedbug infestation on my mattress. I have also received many bites every night. I got rid of the mattress and have found no signs on the main body of the berd. How do you get rid of bedbugs and will they spread to other parts of the house or my clothes ?
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs pest control and cleaning.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concerns. If bed bugs infestation is there, you need to get whole house disinfected, get beds, sheets, clothes and all the furniture sprayed . Contact pest control and let them help. Benadryl is good for helping itch. luggage, clothing, used beds and couches, mattresses, box XXXXXXX bed frames, and headboards and all other places where they have easy access to people to bite in the night. Following precautions need to be done.
lean bedding, linens, curtains, and clothing in hot water and dry them on the highest dryer setting. Place stuffed animals, shoes, and other items that can't be washed in the dryer and run on high for 30 minutes.
Use a stiff brush to scrub mattress seams to remove bedbugs and their eggs before vacuuming.
Vacuum your bed and surrounding area frequently. After vacuuming, immediately place the vacuum cleaner bag in a plastic bag and place in garbage can outdoors.
Encase mattress and box XXXXXXX with a tightly woven, zippered cover to keep bedbugs from entering or escaping. Bedbugs may live up to a year without feeding, so keep the cover on your mattress for at least a year to make sure all bugs in the mattress are dead.
Repair cracks in plaster and glue down peeling wallpaper to get rid of places bedbugs can hide.
Get rid of clutter around the bed.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan