What causes soreness of labia minora with vaginal yeast infection?

Question
I started having s/s of a yeast infection ( minus the discharge) over the weekend so I started using the OTC Monistat treatment and the s/s are mostly gone. However yesterday evening I started to have a lot or soreness just below my clitoris on my labia minora, it only hurts if it is accidentally touched. I checked it out in the mirror it does look red and there appears to be a very very small vertical tear ,similar to a paper cut. If it's not touched by anything it's fine but if it's touched it's very sore ( I guess from the cut being there)I'm wondering if this could be related to the yeast infection.
As far as history goes I have been with the same parter for 7 years, had a gym appointment 3 months ago due to missed periods and was tested for stis which were all negative.

Thank you !
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Monitor again!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about these symptoms that you have reported. As this seems to be a very localised pain that could be easily related to the possible yeast infection that you treated, I will suggest that you monitor this a little longer. Also, try some pain medications like Ibuprofen and Tylenol as recommended by your pharmacist. This would relieve the pains while healing takes it normal course. This should not last longer than a week.

In the meantime, sitz baths which consist in adding an antispetic (Betadine) into a bowl of lukewarm water and sitting in it for about 15minutes 3times a day would prove very helpful. Should theses symptoms fail to regress within a week or get worse, let me know and together we would make the decision on what the way forward would be.

I hope you find this helpful. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.

Follow-up: What causes soreness of labia minora with vaginal yeast infection? 41 hours later
Thank you for your reaponse!

The original cut i mentioned had web

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
What do you mean by a web?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this follow up information and your kind words.

Please, what do you mean by the cut had a web?

Hope to hear from you so that I can address any concerns.

Follow-up: What causes soreness of labia minora with vaginal yeast infection? 14 hours later
My phone submitted it before i waa finished typing. Everything is cleared up!
Thank u for help!

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Great news!

Detailed Answer:
I am so happy to hear it has cleared up.

I wish you well and do not hesitate to contact me in future for more help and information.